In trying to attain a flat stomach (as with everything else in life), it is the determination and motivation to succeed that matters. Do not be disheartened if you do not have time for the gym. Do not be de-motivated if you have no access to any fancy ‘abs equipment’. Some of the most effective flat stomach exercise routines can be performed at home. And all you need in terms of equipment is your own body and perhaps a yoga or Pilates mat.
Top 5 Flat Stomach Exercise Routines You can Do at Home
The plank is one of the most effective Pilates moves for a flat stomach. It develops core strength while toning and strengthening the abdominals.
- Lie flat on the floor on your stomach.
- Raise your body in a straight line (plank), supporting yourself on your elbows and toes.
- Hold for as long as you can and come back to starting position.
- Single Leg Stretch in Pilates
This exercise strengthens the abdominals and stabilizes the core as both the arms and legs are in motion simultaneously.
- Lie flat on the floor on your back, knees into the chest.
- Inhale. Then exhale, pulling your belly button towards the spine. Move your head and shoulders upward. Simultaneously extend the left leg at a 45 degrees angle
- The right knee remains in position. Place the right hand on the right ankle and the left hand on top of the right knee.
- Maintain the upper body curve and scoop in your abdominals for the best effect on the abs.
- Switch legs.
- Vertical Leg Crunch
This is a variation of the regular crunch, which is performed by keeping the legs vertical. This unique position of the legs, makes this exercise routine more effective in contracting and strengthening the abdominal muscles.
- Lie flat on your back with spine and back pressed into the floor.
- Lift up your legs vertically. You may slightly bend the knee or cross your legs.
- Placing your hands behind the head, lift the upper body in a regular crunch movement.
- Make sure you do not jerk your neck or lower back during this exercise
- The Pilates Seal
Another unique crunch motion, that gives more effectiveness to the abdominals. This exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles by making sure that movement is initiated through the abs.
- Sit with you heels touching each other. Grab your ankles from between your legs as shown.
- Pull yourself down.
- Now lift your body up in a crunch movement to reach the starting position
- Jumping jacks
This develops muscle tone as well as burns calories so that you get a flat stomach.
- Stand with feet together, arms by the side. Pull up abdominals and maintain them taut throughout for best results.
- In a jumping motion, move your legs shoulder width apart, simultaneously, bringing the hands over your head.
- Jump back to position i.
- Repeat as many times as you can and as fast as you can.
These are just some of the flat stomach home exercises. There are many more, which will give you a variation in your workout so that you are not bored. Thus you can achieve a flat stomach from home itself.
Did you enjoy this article?
"Get Our Free Ebook Revealing 10 Tips To A Flatter Stomach"
Inside you will learn 10 easy steps you can follow at home to help you keep the belly fat away. Join the thousands of other people who have downloaded this book